1. If this is your first time visiting our new and Improved NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips.

(You can dismiss this notice by clicking the red X in this notice box)
    Dismiss Notice

In-Floor Heating Systems

Discussion in 'Thermography (Infrared Inspection) Topics' started by Terry Clayton, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Terry Clayton

Terry Clayton Community Post Master NACBI Member

Infrared Thermography is an excellent NON-Destructive method to utilize for many location and diagnostic needs for both electric and fluid filled systems. Car washes utilise in-floor heating to extend there washing season, many facilities utilize in-ground systems for walks and driveways to reduce the potential hazard associated with slips and falls. Here is a recent job where they were intending to install a auto lift and decided to have the floor scanned before drilling the floor, they were very thankful they did, they had to reconfigure the set up 6" to clear the lines.
    IR000888.jpg

2. Jeffrey R Jonas

Jeffrey R Jonas Active Community Member NACBI Member

Nice.

3. Casey Patten

Casey Patten Community Member NACBI Member

@Terry Clayton, couldn't agree more! Clients often have questions about locations of loops or mats used for in-floor heat systems.

IR000387.jpg

Dale Duffy likes this.
  4. MarcelCyr

MarcelCyr Community Post Master NACBI Member

Wish I would have had a camera like that when I poured radiant slabs for the buildings I built. It sure would have saved a lot of mapping and picture talking so we knew where not to shoot any Hilti nails for metal stud partition plates.
    That was time consuming.
    Nice pics guys.

Dale Duffy likes this.
  5. Dale Duffy

Dale Duffy Administrator Staff Member NACBI Member

Nice Terry...!

I had a guy call me a couple days ago regarding a radiator for a piece of mining equipment, he said it was 8x10 feet in size. Thought it might be plugged, wanted to know if I could scan it.

I told him yes of course, but we have a $300.00 minimum fee.

Figured I could stop on my way home from another job, point and shoot. He sent me a picture of it connected to a boiler. I'm sure that would show any restrictions in the monstrosity. I must have been out-bid....:)

Last I heard from him.

Casey Patten and Bill Warner like this.
  6. Terry Clayton

Terry Clayton Community Post Master NACBI Member

IR is great for radiator both auto and heating, 2 years ago was doing an energy audit and met a nice HVAC contractor who was finishing up his service of a home boiler system and handed him my card and then showed him how IR could benefit him and his clients and showed him a mostly clogged radiator he had just bleed the air out and was very thankful I had not done in front of the client (big house big bucks) and he would be taking care of that right away, never heard back or got and calls for more work, go figure.

Chris Duphily and Dale Duffy like this.
  7. Chuck Forman

Chuck Forman Community Post Master NACBI Member

They all want to know how it works, they love the pretty pictures, they tell you they will call you soon and then you never hear from them again. Sounds like some of the commercial realtors we come across that are on the sellers side. LMAO!

Dale Duffy and Chris Duphily like this.