• If this is your first time visiting our new and Improved NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips.

(You can dismiss this notice by clicking the red X in this notice box)

Introduction

Paul Lesieur

Community Member
NACBI Member
Hello everyone
I know some of you and for those members I don't know I am Paul Lesieur (I'll change my username to that when I find out how). After much thought I admitted to myself I did not want to continue as a residential home inspector. So here I am. I am new to commercial inspections having done only a few businesses, but that went well so I don't see why after some study I can't make the move to larger and more complicated inspection reports. Being new I'm sure I will be watching and learning much more than offering opinions but I do have a strong building background as well as certifications and experience as an estimator. For now I'm just saying hello. Thanks

Casey Patten

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Glad you're here Paul!

Paul Lesieur

Community Member
NACBI Member
Thanks you guys.
I thought I did join but when I checked my credit card transactions it didn't show up. I'll take care of that tomorrow.

I don't want to start out negative but I got sick of residential work and where the profession is headed. Free this, free that, giving away customer data. I don't fault the guys that do that because after all, you start in business to do what you want but I thought it was time to leave. I am friends with a few members here already, Dan Bowers for one, Marcel Cyr and a couple of others. I like Marcel and Dan, but man can Dan talk. Just kidding Dan, actually no I'm not. :LOL: I am looking forward to meeting other members and plan learn as much as I can and contribute if I have something to offer.

Paul Lesieur

Community Member
NACBI Member
I've tried to pay twice now. First time I thought it went through, just now I tried to pay by reregistering but that didn't work. Its late so I'll give it a break for now.
I can be reached at 612-788-5584, call or text and paul@silvertreeinspections.com Thanks
Captcha is not working either so I could not send an email
v1_unsupported.png

Paul Lesieur

Community Member
NACBI Member
Glad you're here Paul!
You're the Minnesota guy!
I am licensed in Wisconsin and have done one job in Iowa. I have not worked in the Dakotas like you have. I always liked out of town jobs when I was contracting. I used to bring fishing gear and a guitar. If the fish weren't biting I would sing to them, I sang so bad they committed suicide by jumping in my boat.

Paul Lesieur

Community Member
NACBI Member
My payment went through!
Later I will see about editing my profile including a logo change recommended by my website guy. I plan on checking the site out over the next week and putting my best face forward.

Jeffrey R Jonas

Active Community Member
NACBI Member
Good to see you here Paul. It was great talking on the phone the other day. Don't underestimate yourself. You have the smarts/mindset needed for commercial work, you just lack knowledge, and with the guidance of the guys here, you will do well. Call me anytime you have a question/need help.

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Welcome Paul! We are all here to help each other so feel free to ask any questions you may have. Someone will generally have an answer for you although we can't all get on here as often as we like.

The one thing I would recommend to you to get your commercial business going would be to use the Proposal Template from NACBI as I believe most of us do. It helps you to stand out in front of potential clients.

Have fun!