• If this is your first time visiting our new and Improved NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips.

(You can dismiss this notice by clicking the red X in this notice box)

Must be global warming

Carl Brown aka. StuccoBoy

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Not with the snowblower I hope. Do you still have the one you fixed the tires on? Guess thats been a few winters back.

MarcelCyr

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Not with the snowblower I hope. Do you still have the one you fixed the tires on? Guess thats been a few winters back.
No, I sold that blower to someone for $100. Was still working after 28 years. (Honda)
I bought a new one last Fall with electric start assist. Ariens. 24" Delux. One hell of a machine. Glad I bought it. Pulling on that starter cord is not for me anymore with my bad back and hip. $1,075, and worth every penny. It will outlast me I am sure. :giggle:

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Yes they are. I have an old Honda 4500 kw Super Quiet generator that I purchased back in the early 90's. With the exception of oil changes, filters and batteries the thing hasn't cost me a penny and still cranks every time I turn the key.

MarcelCyr

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Good Morning Chuck. I have a 3500 I bought during the ice storm we had back in 98. It has a Briggs & Statton and every year I have to remove the air filter and give it a shot of ether in order to start it. And it is not electric start, so I wear myself out cranking on the damn thing in a hurry.

MarcelCyr

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Good morning Dale, and hope you had a good time in Florida. That is where I wouldn't mind being right now. But it will be next year before I can travel. Got to replace these hips first.

We have another 9-14 inches of snow forecasted for tonight into tomorrow. I have already snow raked the snow on the low roof, so I should be all set.