1. If this is your first time visiting our new and Improved NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips.

(You can dismiss this notice by clicking the red X in this notice box)
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Brian Marcy - Grand Rapids MI Commercial Building Inspector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Warner, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Bill Warner

Bill Warner Administrator Staff Member NACBI Member

2. John Bowman

John Bowman NACBI Staff Staff Member NACBI Member

Welcome Brian!

3. Brian Marcy

Brian Marcy New Poster NACBI Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I was just coming to do an intro post and this seems like the perfect spot.

Today is my first day cruising the message boards and I am already enjoying the NACBI culture. Calling SFRs "shaqs" is pretty funny to me and that has been my primary business for the last year. I have a background in mechanical engineering and have always enjoyed real estate as an investment. About a year ago a decided to make the jump into home inspection full time with the reasoning "if I can design and troubleshoot fully automated assembly lines, I can probably inspect a furnace." I signed up for InterNACHI and took their online courses, which helped fill in some gaps in my home knowledge, and have been inspecting ever since.

I've been having a ton of fun, and it sure beats sitting at a desk all day, but I'm not one to sit around and say "this is good enough." There are about 100+ residential inspectors around here and as far as I can tell only one person that markets commercial services. Grand Rapids is a pretty big and growing city, and I smelled the opportunity, which brings me here today. I am also drawn to the lower emotion "just the facts" business aspect of commercial over residential inspections. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as I make the jump, so I'm happy to be a part of this association. I'm already seeing a lot of good information.

Of course I also would like to be a contributing member. If you have questions about RTUs or three phase anything, there are probably better resources than me. For what it's worth, I did build my own Wordpress websites and could potentially help if anybody has questions about that.

Dale Duffy and Bill Warner like this.
  4. Dale Duffy

Dale Duffy Administrator Staff Member NACBI Member

Welcome aboard, Brian.....!

5. Jeffrey R Jonas

Jeffrey R Jonas Community Member NACBI Member

Welcome Brian!

6. Chuck Forman

Chuck Forman Community Post Master NACBI Member

Welcome aboard Brian!