• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

HVAC reference guide....commercial

John Bowman

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member

Casey Patten

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Thanks Dale!

John Bowman

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Its for tonnage....most commercial building owners what to know the total tonnage...it's a bitch to figure out with the various codes from each manufacturer. Add the info to your website.
I agree. It would be great to have this info on the Building Center Site. I handed the reins of that site over to Bill some time ago. So get on his butt.

Seriously.... We have it on the back burner. The time and effort that it will take is phenomenal, and the cost astronomical. But....and, I mean a big butt...it's still in our thoughts and on the back burner. Anyone want a part-time job that pays absolutely zilch in helping us develop this? :)

The good news for that site is that it gets over 30,000+ new hits per month and climbing. If and when we do add the secret decoding of tonnage, etc. it will probably be in a pay-to-play area of the website.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I agree. It would be great to have this info on the Building Center Site. I handed the reins of that site over to Bill some time ago. So get on his butt.

Seriously.... We have it on the back burner. The time and effort that it will take is phenomenal, and the cost astronomical. But....and, I mean a big butt...it's still in our thoughts and on the back burner. Anyone want a part-time job that pays absolutely zilch in helping us develop this? :)

The good news for that site is that it gets over 30,000+ new hits per month and climbing. If and when we do add the secret decoding of tonnage, etc. it will probably be in a pay-to-play area of the website.
Should have been pay to use a LONG time ago.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Just add a single page to the site with this info.
Wish it were that simple. For most manufacturers it is simply a number in the model that is divisible by 12. But others it's not quite so easy... some Carrier models for instance use a proprietary system... i.e. the model# 48TFE008-A-511-- The number 48 would make you think this is a 4 ton unit, but actually it's the 008 that defines the tonnage which happens to be 7.5 tons based on their coding.

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Wish it were that simple. For most manufacturers it is simply a number in the model that is divisible by 12. But others it's not quite so easy... some Carrier models for instance use a proprietary system... i.e. the model# 48TFE008-A-511-- The number 48 would make you think this is a 4 ton unit, but actually it's the 008 that defines the tonnage which happens to be 7.5 tons based on their coding.
Gotta love proprietary systems! Reminds me of AOL. LMAO!
Got lucky the other day. My client wanted to know the tonnage of each of the RTU's. Luckily each unit had a separate tag in it stating the tonnage and any/all options that had been added to the unit.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Gotta love proprietary systems! Reminds me of AOL. LMAO!
Got lucky the other day. My client wanted to know the tonnage of each of the RTU's. Luckily each unit had a separate tag in it stating the tonnage and any/all options that had been added to the unit.
We don't find that often.....but I have in the past...at the very least....someone writes the tonnage on the outer housing every now and again.