• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

Its getting crazy for insurance requests

CBottger

Community Member
The insurance companies must of stepped up the requirements for insurance for business I have been getting a bunch of requests from chicken farms, pig farms warehouses and apartments all across eastern Ok to little rock Arkansas the latest being 632 Apartments scattered in 5 different cities stated they wanted 10% of the 632 plus 5 main panels at each location about a 2 day job nice work. Did I say I luv electrical panels

John Bowman

Retired
Staff member
NACBI Member
Ole McCharley had a camera....eee iii eee iii ooooh. And on this camera he had a chicken. eee iii eee iii oooh. Here a chick...there a chick...everywhere a chick-chick. eee iii eee iii ooooooooooh.

Go gettem McCharley!!!

David Andersen

Active Community Member
NACBI Member
Had a company call me about IR training the other day.

Insurance companies requiring Lvl II IR to do their work.

Sent them on to Jim S.

If don't got it, get it. It's cumming down the pike.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
The insurance companies must of stepped up the requirements for insurance for business I have been getting a bunch of requests from chicken farms, pig farms warehouses and apartments all across eastern Ok to little rock Arkansas the latest being 632 Apartments scattered in 5 different cities stated they wanted 10% of the 632 plus 5 main panels at each location about a 2 day job nice work. Did I say I luv electrical panels
I've gotten a few I passed off to Jeff Moore.

Terry Clayton

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Have live stock, Charlie will travel, getting all of the smelly jobs are ya!

CBottger

Community Member
I guess you might say it was smelly we did scanned 4 hog barns last month they had about 3,000 head of hogs on concrete but money don't smell:D

Jeff Moore

Community Member
NACBI Member
And I do appreciate it Dale. Wish I got to do them all but I think there is a lowballer in the area.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
And I do appreciate it Dale. Wish I got to do them all but I think there is a lowballer in the area.
I wonder who it could be?...Jason claims he charges up the ass....but as we both know, neither of us have ever seen an invoice.

I don't know of another person in the valley with a decent camera, unless it's some home inspector taking advantage of the wild wild west.

Jeff Moore

Community Member
NACBI Member
My last conversation with Jason bout a year ago he was 25% higher than I was. He was trying to get a high end
helicopter based thermal setup going.

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
I am interested to see what the new Flir camera for the drones can do. Was talking to the owner of the local drone shop a couple of weeks ago. Found out it isn't being designed for my drone but maybe some day.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I am interested to see what the new Flir camera for the drones can do. Was talking to the owner of the local drone shop a couple of weeks ago. Found out it isn't being designed for my drone but maybe some day.
Stay tuned... we are currently developing a mutual service agreement with a provider who commercially flies drones for building investigations, and now has IR capability with 640x480 resolution.
This will be a HUGE asset for all members to offer aerial roof scans as well as other aerial building work.

The company we are working with has met all FAA standards and requirements to fly drones commercially... one of the FAA requirements being the operator MUST be a licensed pilot. There are literally only a handful of operators across the country who are actually in legal compliance with current FAA regulations.

We are currently bidding a massive project of multiple buildings together. The symbiotic relationship is they have the equipment, but no IR qualifications. We have folks with IR qualifications, but no proper equipment or legal compliance with FAA rules. Put them together and it's a natural fit!

Adair Inspection

Well-Known Community Member
NACBI Member