• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

Masonry Deterioration Guide

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member

Adair Inspection

Well-Known Community Member
NACBI Member

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I was researching as I have an 1800's property coming up to inspect. One can plainly see from Google street view entire upper (2nd floor) masonry walls with severe erosion.
An inspection from another company just last week made little mention other than "common cracks for the age" and no photos. The report was so lacking in all aspects, I'm actually surprised the original deal fell apart. And it's from a rather large and popular firm in the area. Regardless, my client wisely opted to not rely on this previous report and has hired me to inspect again.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member

Adair Inspection

Well-Known Community Member
NACBI Member
I was researching as I have an 1800's property coming up to inspect. One can plainly see from Google street view entire upper (2nd floor) masonry walls with severe erosion.
An inspection from another company just last week made little mention other than "common cracks for the age" and no photos. The report was so lacking in all aspects, I'm actually surprised the original deal fell apart. And it's from a rather large and popular firm in the area. Regardless, my client wisely opted to not rely on this previous report and has hired me to inspect again.
right on!
crank it & get your groove on!