• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

Member access issues

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
To all...

It has come to my attention that some of you have experienced access issues to the members only section of the message board after the most recent update. This seems to be a small glitch with the update.

If you are a member and cannot access the member's only sections, please let me know and I'll get it fixed for you.
A simple refresh of your settings from the admin side of things seems to fix it.

John Ritter

Community Member
NACBI Member
Works in Florida. Well at least here.

Casey Patten

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Works now that @Bill Warner reset the permissions. Had to do with the switch over to the new site after the other got trashed by hackers.

Ray Thoroman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
My biggest question is what do I need to do so that my name shows up when searching in Inspector Locator under Colorado?

Same here and the link you sent Bill to register for the NACBI.ORG site doesn't recognize my email address? Hope this is the LAST time for a LONG time that we will have to re-register :) :) :)

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
My biggest question is what do I need to do so that my name shows up when searching in Inspector Locator under Colorado?
Hi Chuck,

When you are logged in to the main site, click on the "My Account" menu item if you aren't redirected to your account page immediately.
From your account page, there will be a menu of links/tabs across the top. Click on the "Full NACBI Membership" tab (last one). Items and links only available to existing members will appear. One of these being your business listing submission.
Instructions your account page are posted in the text on your account page.
Instructions for submitting your business listing are listed on that page when you click it.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
ame here and the link you sent Bill to register for the NACBI.ORG site doesn't recognize my email address? Hope this is the LAST time for a LONG time that we will have to re-register :) :) :)
Hi Ray (good to see you here!!!)
The emailed link for your password is only good for ~24 hours.
I'll send a new link for you.
You should also be able to use your user name that was sent to you to request a new passoword at the login page.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Hope this is the LAST time for a LONG time
And yes believe me... If you guys think this is getting old, trust me it's worse on the creation side... but I've not complained once.
The new site and message board are here to stay... and for the better of all of us.
Many more features and member benefits are in the works, so you guys that stick through our growing pains with us are going to reap the rewards.

Look... I've been a member of that other org for almost 15 years. I can honestly say that I've NEVER received a paying job request directly because I was a member, or from that massive website of theirs. The only requests I've ever received from that org are unsolicited phone calls and/or emails from vendors trying to get their hands on my wallet because they have some backdoor "founder approved" affiliation with that org.!

What I can say for our very short time of existence is that I know for fact that several members here have benefited directly from our proposal request submissions on jobs that paid 10 times their annual NACBI membership dues here. And I continue to get calls for commercial jobs because of NACBI. What we have going IS working FOR our members and making them money! What those guys have at the other place is working in the most part for their affiliated VENDORS and other money making schemes...

So for a few recurring profile registrations, I hope our efforts are worth the small inconvenience as we grow together for the better!

Terry Clayton

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
No complaints from this peanut, I appreciate all who sacrifice the time so we all can get better, thank you.

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Hi Chuck,

When you are logged in to the main site, click on the "My Account" menu item if you aren't redirected to your account page immediately.
From your account page, there will be a menu of links/tabs across the top. Click on the "Full NACBI Membership" tab (last one). Items and links only available to existing members will appear. One of these being your business listing submission.
Instructions your account page are posted in the text on your account page.
Instructions for submitting your business listing are listed on that page when you click it.
Thank you sir!

Ray Thoroman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
And yes believe me... If you guys think this is getting old, trust me it's worse on the creation side... but I've not complained once.
The new site and message board are here to stay... and for the better of all of us.
Many more features and member benefits are in the works, so you guys that stick through our growing pains with us are going to reap the rewards.

Look... I've been a member of that other org for almost 15 years. I can honestly say that I've NEVER received a paying job request directly because I was a member, or from that massive website of theirs. The only requests I've ever received from that org are unsolicited phone calls and/or emails from vendors trying to get their hands on my wallet because they have some backdoor "founder approved" affiliation with that org.!

What I can say for our very short time of existence is that I know for fact that several members here have benefited directly from our proposal request submissions on jobs that paid 10 times their annual NACBI membership dues here. And I continue to get calls for commercial jobs because of NACBI. What we have going IS working FOR our members and making them money! What those guys have at the other place is working in the most part for their affiliated VENDORS and other money making schemes...

So for a few recurring profile registrations, I hope our efforts are worth the small inconvenience as we grow together for the better!

Worth repeating Bill! This forum has good potential and seems very user friendly. Sometimes you gotta get it wrong to get it right :)

NACHI no site referrals, ASHI I used to get about 6-10 a year but past few years maybe 1 or 2. I know you've put a lot of time into NACBI and I know if will pay off in many ways Bill! Hey btw, NACBI main site is looking real good. For some reason I still cant log in. It wont recognize any of my email addresses. We got to find a way to delete all emails that NACBI has of mine except : southeastbuildingconsultants@gmail.com this is my main commercial business email address. Anyways, looking forward to getting logged into the main site and setting up my profile and inspector locator information.

David Andersen

Active Community Member
NACBI Member
Help Mr. Bill, I'm lost! ;)

Need to get rid of old links...

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Thanks for your help Bill. I am now able to log in. Just need about 1hr to learn the system and set up my profile!

Hey David! Hope you are well!
I'll be working on some tutorials next for you all. The bulk of the directions are already listed on your account pages though.