Community Post Master
Very cool, Has any consideration for pricing and how we will handle getting it in motion if there is an interested client.
If I were to seek out this type of work, what would the process look like?It's still available Brian; however, this isn't a "loaner" type program. We've partnered with a company who provides the pilot, equipment, and process... and we provide the knowledge to interpret the data and tweak the images.
If I were to seek out this type of work, what would the process look like?
Great info Bill.
Depending on the scope, further inspections (physically traversing the roof, core sampling, hand held thermal imaging, etc.) may be necessary to confirm the data gathered. This is discussed with the client upfront to provide them options to consider. Otherwise, the aerial scan alone is simply providing them data that indicates "possible" concern areas with a whole bunch of CYA verbiage indicating the need for further close inspections, core sampling, etc.
- We put you in contact with the company so you can provide them with the project details
- They put together a bid for the job
- You add a small markup to keep it competitive
- You get the job
- They perform the aerial scan
- They get the images to me or Dave Andersen for analysis and editing
- We send the images back to them and they compile a single mosaic image (called an "orthomosaic") with their software out of the multiple images
- A report is compiled and sent to client.
Hope this helps explain a bit.
First and foremost it would depend on prevailing weather conditions to ensure ideal conditions for the aerial scan.Great info Bill.
What would the "typical" timeframe be, going from #4 thru #8 (for an average, everyday building)?
Hello Edward,Roofing consultants that I have talked to regarding IR scans on typical TPO and Derbigum Acrylic roofing membranes, have said that these high white materials are so reflective, that they cannot be surveyed.
High dollar cameras for walkover only. Maybe there have been advances in value engineering this devices but I have not heard of drone mounted or hand helds that won't take your lunch money.