• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

New Forum Glitch...

Jeffrey R Jonas

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Discovered the new forum today... AWESOME!

While immersing myself to get it figured out, and settings made, I discovered an inconvenient scenario...

The HOME button(s) (both of them) at the upper left... takes you back to the NACBI website Home page...
and...
the FORUM button on the NACBI Home page does NOT return you to the NEW Forum.
Seems to me a Forum Home button would be useful.

Thanks!

Casey Patten

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Always looking for the negatives, aren't ya...:D

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Thanks Jeff.
This isn't a glitch, but actually how the menu buttons are hard coded in the software.
I know it is a bit confusing and takes some getting used to. Perhaps as time permits I'll look into editing the code. I'm not fond of it myself and would actually like to rename the buttons as "Main site" rather than "home" to ease the confusion. That is also hard coded and not a simple task on the back end.

Jeffrey R Jonas

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Thanks Bill.
I know it won't be such a p-i-a as we get used to the new forum, just thought if it was something fixable it would help everyone while learning to navigate.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Thanks Bill.
I know it won't be such a p-i-a as we get used to the new forum, just thought if it was something fixable it would help everyone while learning to navigate.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I do believe I found a solution... for now anyway! ;)

Jeffrey R Jonas

Community Post Master
NACBI Member

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Jeff,
Don't know if you have tried it yet but I just go up to the light blue bar just above the title of the page I am on NACBI>Forums>ETC.> Scroll across on it until I get to where I was and click. It takes me right back to where I started. Works great when you don't want to go all the way back to the beginning and work your way back in. Just a suggestion.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Jeff,
Don't know if you have tried it yet but I just go up to the light blue bar just above the title of the page I am on NACBI>Forums>ETC.> Scroll across on it until I get to where I was and click. It takes me right back to where I started. Works great when you don't want to go all the way back to the beginning and work your way back in. Just a suggestion.
Also don't forget about the "Quick Navigation" menu .... [STICKY TOPIC] Forum How To Guide...