• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

Not bad for an 1890's build!

John Bowman

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Hope I look that good when I'm 126 years old. :)

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I have a 98 unit apartment building next Monday, I was there for about four hours yesterday with the buyer, who has basically become a friend through the years. We were looking the site over....termite tubes the size of my wrist at the foundations. Holes in exterior walls you could use for a basketball hoop if someone is brave enough to be inside tossing the ball back out to continue the fun. Should have some dandy picture next week.

Lately it's been all cream, nothing bizarre.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I bet the lip was quivering with a tear in an eye.
Yes as a matter of fact it was.

This way I'm not taking antidepressants until the sun rises writing the report.....do we have a Deal?
LOL. The clients were less and less impressed with the historical aspects of the property the longer we went.

Some guy named "Joe" signed his name and dated a wood panel in the dungeon (basement) in 1929. I told the clients that "Joe" forgot his lawn mower when he left...
P5130281.JPG

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Is that termite damage I see? Ouch!
Yes it is. Not much of the damaged joist had been repaired unfortunately. I called it out as structurally unstable due to the extent of damage. The first floor restroom floors had dropped an inch because of it and the moisture intrusion from the exterior wall. That's when I threw in the towel and had a sit down with the client. They still got a full report however.

P5130421.JPG

peter russell

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
WOW, I have a headache just looking at those picture's.
We've had a few like that too. How long was the report?

peter russell

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
We just did a 10 unit building that was built in the early 1900s that wasn't to bad but still alot to document.
I think that one came out around 45 pages. I charged 2650.00 so we did OK.

John Bowman

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
We just did a 10 unit building that was built in the early 1900s that wasn't to bad but still alot to document.
I think that one came out around 45 pages. I charged 2650.00 so we did OK.
Bill must be doing well, also. I notice that he has a new pair of gloves and has replaced his trusty wood probe with a newer model in the pictures. :)

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Bill must be doing well, also. I notice that he has a new pair of gloves and has replaced his trusty wood probe with a newer model in the pictures. :)
I only had to dig the changeable probe bit out of the structure twice! :)

MarcelCyr

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Quite a mess there Bill. I did one a few years ago that after 1 & 1/2 hours during the inspection, the client showed up and asked me what I found so far and after explaining the electrical in the machine space attic, he walked. I ended up just paying me for my time.
We do find good ones.

Chris Duphily

Community Member
NACBI Member
I was looking at an 1890's house last week .....the difference being I put an offer on the one I was at! :D

We will see if the realtor even calls us back :rolleyes: