• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

Rubber roof coating

Ray Thoroman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Havent seen that type. SPF seen those. But if the existing roofing material is in poor condition with trapped pockets of moisture, seems it would bubble, blister, crack, fail. Lot of SPF spray overs have those issues here. One company charged a church like $30,000 for SPF over existing BUR and 6 months later when we inspected, it was already failing. Robbed a church IMO.

Ray Thoroman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
That's what I'm thinking. Several I've seen with these spray applications the substrate or existing roof covering was all dirty, residue, pockets of mildew, etc. The roofer did not properly prep the surface but how the hell are you gonna properly prep the surface really? I would tear the existing covering off, new underlayment then put the spay roofing material down. I suspect we'll see more and more of these products.

I'm concerned about it actually. Might need to make a disclaimer if these products really catch on...

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I think it should be better than foam...the roofing outfit is in Phoenix, they sent me an email about the product. I would like to contact them and see one of the roofs they completed. Might be a good product to recommend. I'm not sure how long this has been in existence though.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I think it should be better than foam...the roofing outfit is in Phoenix, they sent me an email about the product. I would like to contact them and see one of the roofs they completed. Might be a good product to recommend. I'm not sure how long this has been in existence though.
I'd be interested to see the longevity and durability of the product in action also.

Jeff Moore

Community Member
NACBI Member
The cementitious SPF roof I thermaled was going to have a silicone coating applied to it.
The company that I did the work for says it is popular in CA and slowly moving into AZ.
New stuff coming out all the time. Wonder how difficult it will be to thermal these
rubberized/silicone roofs? Need SWIR?

Ray Thoroman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Speaking of the devil. I got a call today from a potential customer buying a 150k warehouse in Birmingham AL . Apparently older building with older MB roof on it. This guy got an estimate for recoating it with a newer SPF product with Silicone top coating? Check out the links, interesting... name of the product is ALDOCOAT

Attachments