• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

some days III

Adair Inspection

Well-Known Community Member
NACBI Member
You be the judge...

Attachments

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Good grief!

I've got a new const. phase inspection coming up. It's been postponed 3 different times. Now the builder wants to be present during inspection. The last mansion I inspected for him didn't go well... I guess he thinks being there to provide excuses will hep in some way.

Adair Inspection

NACBI Member
Good grief!

I've got a new const. phase inspection coming up. It's been postponed 3 different times. Now the builder wants to be present during inspection. The last mansion I inspected for him didn't go well... I guess he thinks being there to provide excuses will hep in some way.
OY!

Baddrain did 6 of the 7 phases I offer all appointments had to be rescheduled multiple times for one reason or another.
Obviously I'll be going back out for the Final again as numerous other items were incomplete once again, like all of the kitchen appliances, ceiling fixtures, both new water heaters & hvac units & irrigation had issues.

Actually had a builder call for his own sub-terrain plumbing, when I arrived only the forms were up no pipe on site.
He tried to skip cancellation payment...we all know how that went.
no pipe.jpg

Where was the drain for the shower pan installed? I don't see it in the photo.
The drain was under the 4"~6" of crap water. You can barely see the ripple from back up outflow to the left of X center of the finished pan.
drain.jpg

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
You be the judge...
You certainly find some crazy stuff. I'm sure the buyer appreciates it.

I been inspecting a commercial building every other day for the last two weeks. Inspected another less than 20K sf building today, have about half the report done, will finish in the morning. Fell asleep when I returned home after showering.

This heat is really getting to me...especially today hauling an 8' step ladder throughout the building looking for indoor coils on the three floors. Also onto the roof to get on top of a higher section which I couldn't see no matter where I stood. Might know there wasn't anything wrong. If I hadn't looked I'm sure it would of needed replacement.

Have my regular quarterly doctor appointment next week, need to figure out why I feel tired all the time. Possibly thyroid. They put me on thyroid medication a few months ago, but it hasn't seemed to help any.

Been staying busy Bear?

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Take care of yourself young man. They will have to do blood work and adjust your thyroid medicine accordingly. Robin has been on thyroid medicine for years and her dosage gets adjusted every once in a while based on her blood work. I know her thyroid issues really tired her out until the dosage was adjusted correctly. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Staying very busy. Still booked 1 1/2 to 2 weeks out. Doing about 70/30 commercial to residential. Mostly small to medium commercial 3500 to 20,000 on average. Every now and then we get a fairly large job but they all make me happy.

It is definitely cooler but it sure doesn't feel like it. We have been in the mid 90's a lot lately and I know it may not sound true but the heat from the sun is really intense when you are at least a mile up. Can't complain though it still beats the old Texas heat and humidity that I used to have to deal with. Bear can vouch for that.

Stay cool my friend, stay hydrated and try to take a breather now and then.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Good grief!

Screw that.....:rolleyes:

I stopped doing phase inspections, can't take it any longer.

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Oh it was a blast! They followed me around like a puppy dog. Couldn't shake 'em.
I must admit though... what was completed so far was vastly improved from the last time I saw one of their shaqs. Asking a few questions... sounds like they fired most of the last crew of subs, and found folks who actually gave a damn.

Adair Inspection

NACBI Member
You certainly find some crazy stuff. I'm sure the buyer appreciates it.

I been inspecting a commercial building every other day for the last two weeks. Inspected another less than 20K sf building today, have about half the report done, will finish in the morning. Fell asleep when I returned home after showering.

This heat is really getting to me...especially today hauling an 8' step ladder throughout the building looking for indoor coils on the three floors. Also onto the roof to get on top of a higher section which I couldn't see no matter where I stood. Might know there wasn't anything wrong. If I hadn't looked I'm sure it would of needed replacement.

Have my regular quarterly doctor appointment next week, need to figure out why I feel tired all the time. Possibly thyroid. They put me on thyroid medication a few months ago, but it hasn't seemed to help any.

Been staying busy Bear?
Duff- take care there ol'Bud
my tired hurts most of the time
naps help & with the heat that's about all i get
busy as i want to be

John Bowman

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Life is miserable without a nap. Slow down you old guys and enjoy nap time.