• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

some days...

Adair Inspection

Well-Known Community Member
NACBI Member
they need to read installation instructions and pay close attention to restricted air circulation
00000002 (Large).JPG

also found a novel zero energy footprint legal document disposal system
it takes longer than shredding but termites were getting the job done on thousands of file boxes

00000078 (Large).JPG

Adair Inspection

NACBI Member
Those termites would work great on abandoned barns around here Barry. :)
McHammer
recycled barn lumber is fetching premium $s & has become the rage for interior trim & cabinet finish out on numerous $M shaqz i've inspected
seems some folks like/want "rustic chic"

MarcelCyr

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Well, there would be plenty to salvage going up route #1 in Northern Maine Aroostook County.
Last time I went up that way, I could see barns collapsing everywhere just from lack of maintenance over the years. Farmers are leaving and so are the barns.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Well, there would be plenty to salvage going up route #1 in Northern Maine Aroostook County.
Last time I went up that way, I could see barns collapsing everywhere just from lack of maintenance over the years. Farmers are leaving and so are the barns.
Marcel, if you could find some salvable wood beams or rustic wood siding for sale I'll make a trip up there with a semi truck to bring it back here. The best type of sale would be removing it free if the material is free.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
they need to read installation instructions and pay close attention to restricted air circulation
View attachment 259

also found a novel zero energy footprint legal document disposal system
it takes longer than shredding but termites were getting the job done on thousands of file boxes

View attachment 260
Badair...what kind of bugs you have yonder....subs?...or drywood?

Adair Inspection

NACBI Member

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
One of the things I don't miss about Texas. Termites! We have them here as well but they are not nearly as prevalent. Have probably run into them 3-4 times in the last 7 years. With that being said we have had more rain and snow (moisture) over the last couple of years then normal so they may start showing up more.