• If this is your first time visiting our NACBI Community Forum, Please go to the READ ME FIRST section for information about registering and helpful tips to use this site.
    Members Only sections are restricted and will indicate "No Content" until you are approved as a memeber of NACBI and logged in to the messgae board.

When the structure speaks...

John Ritter

Community Member
NACBI Member
Where's your thermal of that wall?

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Was it a roofing, parapet wall or flashing issue?
Yes! :D

But more flashing and wall issue than anything in this instance. The signs/indications traveled three stories from the roof line to the slab

peter russell

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Check these out. 110K SR FT industrial building, vacant for three years. What a mess!!

Attachments

peter russell

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
That was actually an easy inspection. Replace everything. Two word report, LOL

Bill Warner

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
Nice photos Peter! You definitely got me beat!
I find many clients (and often many contractors) have a hard time comprehending moisture concerns in block walls for some reason. I guess they feel it is impervious...

Chuck Forman

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Nice photos Peter! You definitely got me beat!
I find many clients (and often many contractors) have a hard time comprehending moisture concerns in block walls for some reason. I guess they feel it is impervious...
I find the same thing here Bill. I actually had a seller want to argue that it was old damage, he had a fresh coat of paint on the outside of the building and he knew there was no way water was coming through it, which was quickly and easily dispelled with the shot of a thermal camera backed up with a moisture meter.

Dale Duffy

Administrator
Staff member
NACBI Member
I inspected a garage a few days ago which had masonry block issues....cinderblock walls, with a split-faced block above the foundation, for aesthetics I assume...anyway...using the TI camera it was easy to see the moisture in the blocks after all the rain we had a few weeks ago. Apparently the walls were never waterproofed. There was mucho water below windows.

Attachments

Terry Clayton

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Great thermals, starting to get some use out of the camera, now you have to find a different paper weight.

Carl Brown aka. StuccoBoy

Community Post Master
NACBI Member
Bet you if there is moisture barrier on the outside it is over the bottom flange of the windows, especially if it haplens to be from the miracles of science and white.